Saturday, February 18, 2012

"Bee" Slow to Anger


The other day, while driving my daughter to school; she began with her questioning. As most 6 year olds her age, she will pick one subject and ask question after question until explanations are beyond my knowledge in which I respond “it is just the way God made it.” (WHAT? He did!)

Today she choose Bees. “Why do they sting, Mommy?” “Where is their stinger?” “What happens after they sting?” She absorbs all my answers within a 7 minute drive.

Then I spend the rest of the day, becoming inspired by the simple questions she ask and how they relate to life. How does one become inspired by Bees? Well, they allow their anger to kill them, literally.

Think about it, God commands us to be “slow to anger”, not because we would automatically have patience, but because we would be likely to do the opposite. And while you may not hit or throw things in frustration – how often do you allow it to ruin your day, as well as the day of others.

So my question to myself and to you is: Are you allowing your anger kill you? Don’t give your life over to anger – save yourself the frustration and give it God. After all “it is just the way He made it!”

1 comment: